What is TouchNet?
TouchNet Information Systems is the partner Lafayette College utilizes as an electronic commerce tool for students and their families.
What services are offered by TouchNet
TouchNet is accessible almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please note the system is unavailable from 10:45 PM to 11:15 PM EST and from 03:00AM to 04:30 AM EST.
- Authorize others (parents, etc) to view your bill and make payments.
- Check your balance.
- Make a payment towards your balance.
- Make a deposit towards an interim session.
- Enroll in 5-month Fall semester plan or a 5-month Spring semester plan.
- Payment plans are available for a nominal fee and are interest-free.
- View your payment history.
- Store your payment methods for quick and easy payment.
- View and print your billing statement.
- Receive an e-mail when new bills and refunds are posted to the account.
- Enter your bank account information so that refunds can be deposited into your account electronically
- Refunds cannot be applied to credit cards.
Where can I find instructions for how to use the system?
If you need assistance using TouchNet, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Lafayette College Student Accounts Office at (610) 330-5145
Who can use the system to view a bill or make a payment?
All current students will automatically have access to the system to view their bills, monitor the activity on their account, and make payments.
If a student wants to give anyone else the ability to view and/or make payments on his/her account online, please follow these instructions.
What forms of payment are available?
E-checks are accepted online. In addition, you can continue to pay by mailing a check to: Lafayette College Student Payments, P.O. Box 36479, Newark, NJ 07188-6479.
How quickly will I be able to see that the online payment has been credited my account?
You should see the credit virtually immediately once you make it. If for some reason the payment doesn’t fully process through the bank, you may see a reversal of that payment credit in one to two business days.
Why should I sign up to receive my refund electronically?
You will receive access to your funds more quickly if you opt to receive your refunds electronically. They will automatically be deposited into you bank account.
Will I still continue to receive bills in the mail?
Students (and their authorized users) are automatically notified whenever a new bill is posted online. Notification is sent by e-mail which goes automatically to the student’s Lafayette e-mail address and to the email accounts of any authorized users. Students and authorized users who receive a notification then log in to see the bill and any previously stored bills.
Is the system secure?
The security of your personal information is of utmost importance to the College. As such, the College chose a partner in TouchNet who is compliant with all of the the security standards and requirements of the Payment Card Industry Council.