The Business Services Office handles College policies related to property and liability coverages.  Policies related to employee benefits such as health, life, disability, and Workers’ Compensation insurance are handled by the Office of Human Resources with information at

Property Insurance

The College assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to any employee’s personal property while located in College-owned premises. Employees should verify that coverage is provided under their own homeowners or renters policy.

Liability Insurance

The College’s liability policies provide coverage for activities related to employee job responsibilities. It does not extend coverage to liability arising from personal activities.

Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is provided while employees are travelling on College business. International destinations should be verified with Business Services staff to ensure that the location is not excluded for Worker’s Compensation coverage. Faculty and staff are encouraged to contact the Study Abroad Office ( for additional information regarding international travel.