Lafayette College Area Transportation (LCAT)
Lafayette College generously provides students with a free, safe, and reliable shuttle bus service connecting the main campus with the the College’s athletic fields, downtown Easton, shopping areas (such as the Forks Towne Center and area malls), movie theaters, and the primary student parking areas. The LCAT Shuttle also provides regularly-scheduled transportation between campus and the Lehigh Valley International Airport on designated days.
Called the Lafayette College Area Transportation (or LCAT) program, it is currently operated by Palmeri Transportation. The LCAT shuttles run most days during the academic year. LCAT shuttle service is not available over summer or other school breaks. Modified shuttle service (called the Special Shuttle) designed to facilitate out-of-town travel plans is available immediately prior to and at the conclusion of school breaks.
Read and print a copy of the LCAT Shuttle Schedule 2014-15 to carry with you. Remember to please check back periodically for changes or updates.
Transportation to/from the Easton Bus Terminal
As the schedule shows, transportation to the Easton Bus Terminal (3rd & Ferry Streets) is sometimes available through the LCAT shuttle. The Easton Bus Terminal connects downtown Easton with New York City and other areas via the following bus lines:
- Trans-Bridge (www.transbridgebus.com)
- Greyhound (www.greyhound.com)
- Susquehanna Trailways (www.susquehannabus.com)
Students should check the LCAT schedule to determine the shuttle departure from campus that will get them to the Easton Bus Terminal in time for their connection.
Transportation to/from the Lehigh Valley International Airport
The College provides transportation to and from the Lehigh Valley International Airport on designated days at scheduled times at the beginning and end of each semester breaks and major holiday. The calendar of dates for this service is listed below and the times are provided on the schedule. Students should check the LCAT schedule prior to booking a flight to ensure that free transportation will be available on the day and at the time they are contemplating traveling. Once a flight is booked, students should determine the shuttle departure from campus that will get them to the Lehigh Valley International Airport in time to check in, clear security and get to their gates well in advance of their flight time. Please be aware that service to the airport requires an ADVANCED RESERVATION. Reservations are accepted online at least 4 business days before your flight departure or arrival. The following items must be provided on the online reservation form:
The College will only provide transportation between campus and the Lehigh Valley International Airport on the days/times scheduled if reservations have been booked appropriately. If you book a flight for a day or at a time when the LCAT Special Shuttle is not running or if you don’t make the required advanced reservation for the airport service, you are responsible for making alternate arrangements to get to/from the airport.
Shuttle Service Dates for 2014-15
START OF FALL SEMESTER
- Sat., Aug. 23 & Sun. Aug. 24-Special Shuttle only
- Mon., Aug. 25- Start of the Regular Schedule and Metzgar Express
- Fri., Oct. 10-Special Shuttle only
- No Service-Sat., Oct. 11 through Mon., Oct. 13
- Tues., Oct. 14-Special Shuttle only
- Tues., Nov. 25-Special Shuttle only
- Wed., Nov. 26-Special Shuttle from 8:30 am to 1:20 pm only
- No Service-Thur., Nov. 27 through Sat., Nov. 29, 2014
- Sun., Nov. 30-Special Shuttle only
FALL SEMESTER END
- Mon., Dec. 8 through Fri., Dec. 12-Atrs Campus and Weekday Shuttle only (no Metzgar Express)
- Sat., Dec. 13 through Tues., Dec. 16-Special Shuttle only
- No Service-Wed., Dec. 17 through Fri., Jan. 23, 2015
START OF SPRING SEMESTER
- Sat., Jan. 24-Special Shuttle only
- Sun., Jan. 25-Special Shuttle only
- Mon., Jan. 26-Resume Regular Schedule and Metzgar Express
- Fri., Mar. 13-Special Shuttle only
- Sat., Mar. 14-Special Shuttle from 8:30 am to 1:20 pm only
- No Service-Sun., Mar. 15 through Sat., Mar. 21, 2015
- Sun., Mar. 22-Special Shuttle only
SPRING SEMESTER END
- Mon., May 11 through Fri., May 15- Weekday Shuttle and Arts Campus only (no Metzgar Express)
- Sat., May 16 through Mon., May 8-Special Shuttle only
- No Service-Tues., May 19, through Fri., Aug. 21, 2015
Students who miss a shuttle and contact Public Safety for a ride back to campus will be assessed a fee in excess of $25.
If you have any questions, please call 610-330-5132 or 610-330-5957 during normal business hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXCITING DINING ENHANCEMENTS FOR FALL 2014
Fall 2014 will be an exciting time because the College […]
CATERING OFFICE INTRODUCES ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM AND TRAINING
Lafayette Catering is proud to introduce its new online ordering […]
Review the updated Transportation Procedures and Driving Information for Students for new student […]
Purchasing policies for faculty, administrators, & staff
Anonymous Tip Hotline
(610) 330-5145 or email@example.com
Finance & Administration
Office of the Vice President
316 Markle Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Fax: (610) 330-5700