Refund Processing for Active Students
College Refund Policy for Credit Balances on Student Accounts
The College refunds student account credit balances in the following manner:
- When a credit balance is the result of an overpayment that is not student loan or other financial aid disbursement-related, the College automatically processes a refund check if the credit balance is $100 or more. This refund check will be payable to the student only and mailed to the campus mailbox. The College will not apply credit balances to other department charges not on student accounts, e.g. fraternity charges or Deans’ Loans. Students may request to have the refund check mailed to another address by making a request at the Student Information Window.
- When a credit balance is the result of applying student loan or other financial aid disbursements to the student’s account, the refund check will be payable to the student and mailed to the campus mailbox.
- Students may come to the Cashier’s window to receive cash if the credit balance on their student account is less than $100.
- When a credit balance results from applying proceeds from a Parent PLUS Loan to the student’s account, the refund check will be payable to the parent borrower and mailed to the parent borrower’s address on record.
- When a credit balance results from applying proceeds from a 529 plan to a student’s account, a refund will be payable to the student only and deposited directly if the student has signed up for e-Refund or mailed to the student’s campus mailbox. The College is unable to refund the 529 plan directly. Please refer to IRS Publication 970 and consult your tax advisor or 529 plan administrator regarding re-contribution of the refunded amount.
Any questions about this refund policy for credit balances on student accounts should be directed to email@example.com. Students may review their student account detail by logging on to Banner Self-Service.
Purchasing policies for faculty, administrators, & staff
Anonymous Tip Hotline
(610) 330-5145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance & Administration
Office of the Vice President
316 Markle Hall
Easton, PA 18042
Fax: (610) 330-5700